SEEING BEYOND THE CHALLENGES OF AUTISM

SEEING BEYOND THE CHALLENGES OF AUTISM
One Person's Dandelion's Are Another's Precious Blooms

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Happy Birthday G-Man




My husband writes Haikus on otherwise non-traditional Haiku subjects, such as the demise of GM or other news stories. The effect is sometimes hilarious, sometimes sublime. However, I am taking a page out of his book and writing one also, for no other reason than that it just came to me.



It's the question I pose to God regarding my 5-yr old Gregory, and the answer revealed to me over time.






WHY GOD, Autism???




"...It is a form of Beauty..."




"Must change Heart to see."






Gregory has been changing my heart to grow, enough so that I could at last see beyond the challenges & difficulties of a kid on the autism spectrum, and to realize that he is a kid first & foremost with a great laugh, smile, unbeatable hugs & snuggles, sense of humor, and he doesn't have a nefarious bone in his body (can't say that about many people).




Never mind that you'll find a lot of things lined up or grouped by color in our house. I for one can't pass a crooked painting on the wall without getting it level -- we all have our quirks. I have many deficits of my own that G-man has helped me realize and overcome.




In order to help him, he has brought me out of myself and into a larger purpose...




Love you, Gregory -- Happy 5th journey 'round the big ball of gas in the sky.




-Mom




No comments:

Post a Comment